Westival FARM STAND
Oct 23 12:00-4:00 PM
What: Lafayette Elementary Fall Festival - Westival (Tradition Since 1940s!)
Why: Our beloved Fall festival, Westival, is still happening this year! We still need to pair things down a bit since kids aren't vaccinated but we hope you will help us with the celebration and honor our tradition! This year our pumpkin-patch and pie pickup will be at the front of the school no need to drive-through. Park and come join us!
Pick up your pumpkins and pies, take a fun fall themed picture, and say hi to Leo the Leopard! Kids can wear costumes too and will get mini pumpkins to decorate and bring back to campus!
If you haven't had a pie from TuTu's you are in for a treat! Last year they sold out quickly and we can only order what was pre-ordered so don't miss out! You pre-order and pay for your pie, then come to our pumpkin patch to pick it up and receive a free mini-pumpkin to decorate. Stay a bit and mingle with our friends.
Part II: The second part to this year's paired down festival is a carnival game session that will take place at school on the blacktop in-lieu of our typical Halloween Parade on Friday, October 29th. This will be a student-only event with just a handful of parents helping to man the games. Kids will wear costumes all day (no blow up costumes, halloween masks, weapons, or anything that will prevent them from going about for their special day).
Finally, look for the school to be decorated thanks to the hard work of our Westival chairs and volunteers.
When: Saturday, Oct 23rd | 12 - 4 PM. (Part II Friday, Oct 29th)
Where: LES Parking Lot
Volunteer Needs: Westival Volunteer Form
Chairs: Margaret Yang, Kirti Chitnis, Merideth Ranahan
- Saturday 10/23 Come visit our Westival Farmstand from noon - 4pm. Pick up pre-ordered Pumpkins and Pies, take a festive fall photo at the photo station, and show off your best Halloween gear in our "drive thru" costume parade.
- Look out for Leo the Leopard
- Bring back decorated mini pumpkins to school the following week and add to the "pumpkin patch" at each entrance
- Friday 10/29 The kids are getting their own personal Westival Carnival Day in the quad! Parent Volunteers needed to staff the booths (Sign-up Genius to follow). TK/Kinder kids will have their own special activity in the Kinder Playground area.
- Students get to wear their costumes ALL DAY! (no costume masks, weapons, scary, etc etc)