Event - Lafayette Reservoir Run
What: The Run is the city’s most popular “family affair”, involving kids, parents, grandparents, and hundreds of serious runners from throughout the Bay Area. 2020 may look a little different but we are still encouraging participants to compete in a 10k or 5k run or a 2-mile run/walk for fun in Lafayette and/or around the Lafayette Reservoir! Sprinters, walkers, the “stroller brigade” and many of Lafayette’s top four-legged residents are welcome to join in the fun. All the proceeds from the Annual Lafayette Reservoir Run go to the Lafayette Schools.
Who: Anyone! Dogs and strollers welcome too!
When: Complete run/walk between October 16-30th
Chairs: Katie Blair
Don't forget to designate Lafayette Elementary as your school. Sign up early! The first 100 school entries receive a 1/4lb bag of candy from Zoonies! Plus bragging rights since we compete with the other schools in our district for signups (and earn $500 extra for our school for the most entries by September 30th!).
Because the event is virtual we will not need volunteers this year.
What is the Reservoir Run?
The Lafayette Chamber and the City of Lafayette are co-sponsors of the Lafayette Res Run for Education which is traditionally held on a Sunday in October. The run is to provide funds for the local schools.
This year it is virtual but still important for the schools and a great way to stay active!
How do I track my run?
After you signup, you will receive an email with information on how to download the RaceJoy app.
- Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data.
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy's prompts and adjust settings as needed.
- Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone. This gets activated 30 minutes before the official race time.
- Select the course you are about to do.
- Click START MY RACE as you begin to start your personal clock. For on-site courses: Click this as you cross the START LINE. This is optional for on-site courses. Clicking this at the start line will provide a more accurate finish time and performance data.
RaceJoy auto detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish.
Important for your friends and family: Make sure you tell your friends and family to login as themselves and not you or RaceJoy will track them instead of you.
How do I get my bib number and t-shirt?
Pickup your pre-assigned bib and t-shirt (only available while supplies last) at the Lafayette Chamber Office, 251 Lafayette Circle, Ste 150. Dates and times for pickup will be posted here closer to event dates.
How much did LES earn in 2019 for the run?
Lafayette Elementary School received $4,997 as a result of LES runners and volunteers taking part in the 2019 race.